Let on Airbnb or sell on Ebay? guidance on the tax allowances....


The Government has recently published guidance relevant for people with property or trading income. If your gross trading or property income is below £1,000 and you’re not registered for Self Assessment, you won’t have to declare this income on a tax return, but you must keep a record of this income.

Quote mark icon

You can get up to £1,000 a year tax-free allowances for property or trading income from 6 April 2017. If you have both types of income, you’ll get a £1,000 allowance for each.